[luatex] two bidi bugs in LuaTeX

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Tue Jul 26 14:29:16 CEST 2011

On 07/26/2011 02:02 PM, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> On 07/26/2011 12:56 PM, Vafa Khalighi wrote:
>> It seems that this only happens in vertical mode!
>
> Yes. The extra space is in fact the indentation box. Minimal plain
> tex example showing both incorrect and correct output is:

Ah ok, now I get what happens.

> \pagedir TRT\bodydir TRT\pardir TRT\textdir TRT
>
> {\textdir TLT4} Mordad {\textdir TLT1390}

This means this:

    <set text dir to TLT>
    <leave vertical mode>
    <add indentation box>
    <add "4">
    <restore text dir to TRT>

So, actually, the indentation box is in TLT mode, meaning it appears
'after' 4 in TRT reading order. I do not think this is a bug after all,
just a weird result of what is actually quite logical behaviour.

Best wishes,
Taco