[luatex] Fribidi for LuaTeX

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue Jul 19 21:41:07 CEST 2011

On 19-7-2011 7:51, Vafa Khalighi wrote:
> Hi Idris
>
> Agreed. and if you look ath my previous questions, I actually asked if it is
> to be implemented in the luatex engine or in the macro level but I got no

There is no need to implement it in the luatex engine as one can hook in
code at all kind of moments (reading files, processing tokens, handling
nodes) and no hard codes solution will satisfy each user and can only
lead to weird hooks into and control over such a mechanism. The only
thing luatex can do is to provide access to internals (which it does)
and either library or lua code can do it's work. So, one can provide
unicode bidi support to the extend needed.

So the answer is: at the macro level (which includes the lua level).