[luatex] Fribidi for LuaTeX

Aydemir, Oz Aydemir_O at sunybroome.edu
Mon Jul 18 17:48:14 CEST 2011

From: luatex-bounces at tug.org [luatex-bounces at tug.org] On Behalf Of Taco Hoekwater [taco at elvenkind.com]
Sent: Sunday, July 17, 2011 5:37 AM
To: luatex at tug.org
Subject: Re: [luatex] Fribidi for LuaTeX

On 07/17/2011 11:27 AM, Vafa Khalighi wrote:
> Thanks for this but after reading this for several times, I still have
> difficulty understanding the actual problems. Maybe it is because I
> never faced any of these issues. So I would be grateful if you could
> explain these issues more clearly so that we can discuss them.

I do not have time to write down an exhaustive list of bidi problems.
In fact, that is precisely why I wrote that message. One of the
implementation problems is, for example, that the bidi algorithm
starts with:

   P1. Split the text into separate paragraphs. A paragraph separator is
   kept with the previous paragraph. Within each paragraph, apply all
   the other rules of this algorithm.

Now, how does that apply to an \hbox ?  I simply do not know.

Best wishes,
Taco