[luatex] LuaTeX crashes

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Tue Jul 12 10:56:16 CEST 2011

On 07/12/2011 09:11 AM, Hartmut Henkel wrote:

> looks as if the macro package calls for a direction other than the four implemented ones (TLT, TRT, LTL, RTT).

That is just a side-effect. I have deduced so far, that the problem is
that one of internal structures for \halign becomes trashed somewhere
in the process. That gives one of the nodes a bad field, which in turn
causes a bad attribute assignment to happen, resulting in the assertion
failure.

Revision 4327 (trunk) adds an assert() so that the actual problem is
discovered earlier (but luatex still crashes).

Best wishes,
Taco