[luatex] lua script on the run

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Fri Jan 7 01:49:22 CET 2011

> So perhaps luaotfload.sty does more tricks than simply loading otf
> fonts...

  That's not what Philipp meant: he hinted that there were some
guidelines to write a robust LaTeX package, which luaotfload.sty
follows, amongst many others.

>         Defining \texperanto and \endtexperanto would do the trick for
> LaTeX, if I want to use an environment.

  It's rather the other way round: if you define an environment in LaTeX
(with \newenvironment), LaTeX defines two new commands, \<environment>
and \new<environment>, for you.  There are several advantages over
defining them yourself, for example that LaTeX checks that a
\begin{<environment>} are matched with \end{<environment>}, and that's
what you should use in a package.

	Arthur