[luatex] lua script on the run

Arno Trautmann Arno.Trautmann at gmx.de
Thu Jan 6 11:41:44 CET 2011

Philipp Stephani wrote:

> […]
>> \texperanto{Alportu ^caron de sopiro!}
>>
>> And LuaTeX actually typesets "Alportu ĉaron de sopiro!"
>
> If you only need simple textual replacements, you can get quite far with Lua's built-in functions:
>
> \documentclass{minimal}
> \usepackage{fontspec}
> \usepackage{luacode}
> \begin{luacode*}
>  function texperanto(text)
>    tex.sprint((text:gsub("%^c", "ĉ")))
>  end
> \end{luacode*}
> \newcommand*{\texperanto}[1]{\luadirect{texperanto([[#1]])}}
> \setmainfont{DejaVu Sans}
> \begin{document}
> \texperanto{Alportu ^caron de sopiro!}
> \end{document}

These solutions (Patrick's, Paul's and yours) are nice, but how would
one apply it to a whole document? I have a very similar need and it
would be nice not to put the whole document inside the \texperanto
macro. Would it be a good ideo to use this with \everypar to get the
paragraph gsub'd?

cheers
Arno