[luatex] The output of \errhelp

Joseph Wright joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk
Thu Dec 8 22:41:08 CET 2011

Hello all,

With the minimal file

  \errhelp{Some text}
  \errmessage{Oops}

pdfTeX gives

  This is pdfTeX, Version 3.1415926-2.3-1.40.12 (TeX Live 2011)
   restricted \write18 enabled.
  entering extended mode
  (./test.tex
  ! Oops.
  l.2 \errmessage{Oops}

  ? h
  Some text
  ?

and XeTeX is the same bar the header. However, with LuaTeX I get

  This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.70.1-2011062107 (rev 4277)
   restricted \write18 enabled.
  (./test.tex
  ! Oops.
  l.2 \errmessage{Oops}

  ? h
  Some textType <return> to proceed, S to scroll future error messages,
  R to run without stopping, Q to run quietly,
  I to insert something, E to edit your file,
  1 or ... or 9 to ignore the next 1 to 9 tokens of input,
  H for help, X to quit.
  ?

which differs both in the presence of the 'standard help' text and in
how the \errhelp line ends. The latter is not really very readable!

Is this a bug, or if not what's the logic for the change here?
--
Joseph Wright