[luatex] Problem with latin modern fonts

Ulrike Fischer luatex at nililand.de
Tue Aug 23 10:16:59 CEST 2011

If I run the following document with lualatex (or xelatex) and then
copy and paste the text from the pdf (in adobe reader 8.1.3)
everything is fine. But if I uncomment the line with
^^^^006f^^^^0308 (o + dieresis) then the pdf still looks fine but
all accents disappear when I try to copy the text. I get this:

aous AOU e e
o.

Only characters on the same page as the ^^^^006f^^^^0308 are
affected.

It looks like a latin modern bug for me (the effect disappears with
arial). Can someone confirm it? (I'm using the latin modern font in
miktex, version seems to be 2.004 from 2009)

\documentclass{book}
\usepackage{fontspec}
%\setmainfont{Arial}
\begin{document}