[luatex] img.scan segfault

Hartmut Henkel hartmut_henkel at gmx.de
Mon Aug 8 12:26:15 CEST 2011

> But it segfaults if I use img.scan in a pure lua file and
> run it with --onlylua:
>
>   a = img.scan({filename='foo.jpg'})
>
> I have only this one line in the lua file. Do I need to import
> additional modules?

confirmed. The img.*() functions are relying on the existence of the internal pdf structure (among others probably), and that's missing yet if luatex is not in pdf/dvi mode, Not clear what to do: Activating img.*() also for Lua-only mode may require quite some changes, with the only (?) net effect that one can use luatex to get some image dimensions. Easier would be just to disable the img lib...

Regards, Hartmut