[luatex] Strange behavior with fonts.

Paul Isambert zappathustra at free.fr
Wed Apr 20 16:21:09 CEST 2011

Le 20/04/2011 16:08, Ulrike Fischer a écrit :
> Am Wed, 20 Apr 2011 16:05:03 +0200 schrieb Paul Isambert:
>>>> I think I've found a bug, but since I'm still a bit uncomfortable with
>>>> fonts and I can't reproduce the problem with luaotfload (haven't tried
>>>> very hard, though), I think it wise to ask knowledgeable people before
>>>> polluting the bug tracker.
>>>> The problem is entirely contained in the attached files.
>>> Hans knows the details of this better than I do at the moment, but your
>>> problem is with the font names: two fonts that are noticeably different
>>> should have different names in order to avoid confusion in the back end.
>>> IIRC, you have to change f.fullname in the second font or, even better,
>>> use f.psname, and use two different ones for that.
>> Many thanks, Taco. After experimenting a bit, it seems that the font's
>> "name" field should be given a unique identifiant, not "psname". The
>> simplest way, I suppose, is to increment a counter on each font loading
>> and attach it to the name.
> No idea if it is relevant, but in a discussion about fonts.trigger
> Hans wrote in some code:
>          -- if we use the font otherwise luatex gets confused so
>          -- we return an additional hash value for fullname
>               return string.format("reencoded:%s",value)
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.tex.context/66288/focus=66291

fullname seems relevant and what I've written is insufficient: either 
only name is unique and fullname is nil, or both exist and are unique; 
that's what I've found so far.


More information about the luatex mailing list