[luatex] invoking a lua script in TeX

Dirk Laurie dpl at sun.ac.za
Tue Apr 12 11:57:49 CEST 2011

    http://wiki.luatex.org/index.php/Writing_Lua_in_TeX

> It might be possible and/or desirable not to have to use auxiliary files
> basename.mx1 and basename.mx2, but I would consider that a refinement
> that could be deferred if it is problematic.
>
> Thanks for any help you could provide.

\def\musixflex{ \ifx\undefined\directlua \else \directlua {
        musixflx = kpse.find_file("musixflx.lua")
        if musixflx then dofile(musixflx) end } \fi }

If you put \musixflex immediately after \endmuflex in your
TeX file, and you are processing the file with luatex, and
musixflx.lua is somewhere in your TeX path, then musixflx.lua
will be run on your file.  This reduces the three-pass process
to a two-pass process.

It should be possible to incorporate this macro call somewhere
in musixtex.tex.

Dirk