[luatex] Hyphen character in tibetan

Elie Roux elie.roux at telecom-bretagne.eu
Sun Apr 3 09:12:19 CEST 2011

Hello,

I'm typesetting tibetan and I'm facing a problem with hyphenation
character : in tibetan, there is no space to separate words, instead
there is a tsheg (་, U+F0B) between all syllables. There is no
hyphenation character, but all lines are simply broken after any tsheg,
and the remaining space at the end of the line is filled with other tshegs.

Right now I would only like to break the lines after a tsheg, but I
cannot manage to do so with LuaTeX. Attached is an example with some
attempts I made to do it (without any macro), which failed. I also
attached the pdf with the result if I try to do it with a macro, because
there are some strange black lines at the end of the lines.

Is there a way to break lines after a tsheg with LuaTeX without any
macro? Why do these black lines appear? Could there be a way to fill the
remaining space before the end of a line with other tshegs?

Also, are the non-zero width marks fixed in the ConTeXt code?

Thank you in advance,
--
Elie