[luatex] Building LuaTeX.

Paul Isambert zappathustra at free.fr
Sat Sep 25 19:43:52 CEST 2010

Hello all,

I've been trying all day to build LuaTeX from the sources on my new computer
with no success.

I'm using Msys (with MinGW) under Windows 7, and the build ends with:

c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.5.0/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: warning:
auto-importing has been activated without --enable-auto-import specified on the
command line.
This should work unless it involves constant data structures referencing symbols
from auto-imported DLLs.
-rwxr-xr-x 1 Attila Administrateurs 4283918 Sep 25 17:17 build/texk/web2c/luatex
.exe

Then when I try to execute LuaTeX (the executable does exist), I'm told it can't
be launched because "libgcc_s_dw2.dll" is missing.

I suppose the problem comes from my Msys installation (under the same
circumstances, on another computer, the build works), but I'm so incompetent
here that I can only cry for help (MinGW and Msys are impossible to understand
for me, so I can't address the problem directly here.)

Any idea?

Best,
Paul