[luatex] Hyphenation in plain TeX

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 17:05:31 CEST 2010

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 16:44, Ulrike Fischer <list at nililand.de> wrote:
> Am Fri, 08 Oct 2010 15:54:09 +0200 schrieb Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard:
>
>>> Thanks. I looked at them. But could luatex use the same
>>> unicode-letters.tex?
>>
>> Not directly, but with minor changes, yes.
>
>> Actually, I prepared an adapted version, and baring objections or failing tests
>> (by others), it will be in TL tomorrow, and loaded by default in luatex-based
>> formats, which means (dvi)lua(la)tex.
>
> I checked the .ini-files in the TeXLive svn
> (http://www.tug.org/svn/texlive/trunk/Master/texmf-dist/tex/) and
> saw that they now include the line
> \input luatex-unicode-letters.tex
>
> But where is the file luatex-unicode-letters.tex itself? I browse
> all promising looking folders but couldn't find it. (I would have
> expected it in generic/luatexconfig, but this folder doesn't exist).
> I wasn't successful on CTAN either.
>
> (I would like to make a report on the miktex site so that its luatex
> use the file too).

It is in
    /usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf/tex/generic/config/luatex-unicode-letters.tex
on my computer. See:
    http://www.tug.org/svn/texlive?view=revision&revision=20014

It is quite possible that it doesn't exist on CTAN since it was added
ad-hoc to TeX Live's SVN as a temporary solution until something
better comes up.

Mojca