[luatex] Hyphenation in plain TeX

Vladimir Lomov lomov.vl at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 16:37:03 CEST 2010

Hi Arthur.
** Arthur Reutenauer [2010-10-08 16:20:55 +0200]:

>> Sorry if this could take as impolite but could French speaking
>> (ideally whose for whom French is native) say me how correctly hyphenate
>> the word 'Médaille' (I taken example for French text from
>> fr.wikipedia.org from paper about Poincare, sorry I don't know how to
>> write his name correctly, and I use this word to check how luatex
>> hyphenate, \showhyphens{Médaille} gives me only one point for hyphenation).
>
>   That's probably because of hyphenmins.  The correct hyphenation points
> are mé-dail-le; try setting \lefthyphenmin and \righthyphenmin to 1 and
> see what it reports.
It's Greek to me :)
I tried
\lefthyphenmin=1
\righthyphenmin=1
and also
\lefthyphenmin1
\righthyphenmin1

<code>
\input luaotfload.sty
\font\test={file:cmunrm.otf} at 10 pt

\test
\uselanguage{french}
\input ../lccodes.tex
\lefthyphenmin1
\righthyphenmin1
\input sample2_fr.tex

\bye
</code>
and get the same hyphenation. Ans thanks for possible hyphenations :)

Here: lccodes.tex contains lccodes (as Mojca suggested but for European
languages), sample2_fr.tex contains \showhyphens{Médaille}.

So I missed something (plain TeX is unknown territory for me).

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

--
Tactical?  TACTICAL!?!?  Hey, buddy, we went from kilotons to megatons
several minutes ago.  We don't need no stinkin' tactical nukes.