[luatex] Hyphenation in plain TeX

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Fri Oct 8 16:04:15 CEST 2010

> Given that the author of this file (Peter B.) has a much deeper understanding of
> the innards of TeX that I'll probably ever have, I assume there is some
> mechanism in e-TeX's \dump that prevents him from using space on undefined
> macros. But maybe I misinterpreted his intentions here.
>
> Maybe Taco can enlighten us on this particular point?

  I'm curious too.  The experiments I ran in order to answer a question
(http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/323/what-macros-are-defined-in-a-web2c-format-file)
on tex.stackexchange led me to believe that all control sequences that
were defined at some point left some remnants in the format file, but I
may be wrong, of course.

	Arthur