[luatex] Strange hyphenation

enrico.gregorio at univr.it enrico.gregorio at univr.it
Sun Oct 3 11:31:39 CEST 2010

> On 10/02/2010 05:01 PM, enrico.gregorio at univr.it wrote:
> > Consider the following document
> >
> > ===
> > \documentclass[a4paper]{article}
> > \usepackage[italian]{babel}
>
> I just tried to run this with TL + 0.63, but I get a babel warning
> stating that there are no patterns for 'Italian'.

Of course on my site the hyphenation patterns for Italian are
enabled.

It's not a hyphenation pattern problem, since \showhyphens
shows the correct hyphenation. But when the paragraph is
being typeset, the word is not split. It is if I explicitly add a
hyphenation exception. This is quite strange, isn't it?

Ciao
Enrico
--
Enrico Gregorio          + Dipartimento di Informatica          + Tel: +39 045 8027937
Enrico.Gregorio at univr.it + Università degli Studi di Verona     +