[luatex] Building LuaTeX.

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Sat Oct 2 09:29:05 CEST 2010

On 10/02/2010 09:24 AM, luigi scarso wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 2:33 AM, Reinhard Kotucha
> <reinhard.kotucha at web.de>  wrote:
>> On 2 October 2010 luigi scarso wrote:
>>
>>   >  1) mkiv format is regenerated at every run -- it's not normal
>>
>> Do you have to update the file database?
>>
>>   >  2) if I don't have MinGW on my PATH, then luatex.exe  doesn't work
>>
>> Did you copy all required DLLs to the same directory as luatex.exe?
> The key point is that the windows binary from foundry just works, even
> without MinGW at all.
> That why I think I'm still missing something.

I suspect that is because I am using an older gcc (3.4.5) for
cross-compilation, and that version is less eager to use dlls
for its own runtime. IIRC, even with the newer gccs there is a
command line switch to link those runtime dlls statically
(but it will probably mean you have to install another mingw
package).

Best wishes,
Taco