[luatex] fontspec prevents hyphenation

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 19:14:28 CET 2010

Dear Manuel,

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 19:05, Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard wrote:

>> % Because latex.ltx sets up character code tables for T1 encoding by default,
>> % we need to reset values from unicode-letters that may have been overridden
>
> Sorry if I'm asking a very stupid question, but why not simply input
> unicode-letters *after* latex.ltx, then? It would avoid duplicating this part of
> the code.

Don't ask me - it is you who has written the patch with
unicode-letters. It may be that XeTeX needs some magic and proper
catcodes/lccodes before loading latex.ltx and/or other macros.

I'm CC-ing Jonathan. Maybe he can explain you better why lccodes are
set twice in xelatex - before and after loading latex.ltx. You can
probably move unicode-letters for lualatex to the end of lualatex.ini
without any consequences. You just need to make sure that you not only
set the codes for letters, but also unset them for non-letters in the
"80-"FF range.

Mojca