[luatex] fontspec prevents hyphenation

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 19:06:11 CET 2010

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 18:43, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> This rings a bell. I was trying hard to find the
> original email (probably discussed by me, Jonathan Kew and others,
> probably on xetex mailing list, but maybe privately), but without any
> success.

I have found the private email dated mid-June 2008. The problem has
probably been fixed in XeLaTeX at that time.

To overcome the problem and to disable the latest breakpoint in
\showhyphens{Deutschland^^^^00bb}, all you need to do is:
    \lccode187=0

However this should be fixed in format. LaTeX happens to blindly
assign lccode to all the characters in certain range which is fine for
T1 encoding, but not for XeLaTeX or LuaLaTeX.

Mojca