[luatex] buggy bug handling apology

Paul Isambert zappathustra at free.fr
Thu Nov 18 18:36:42 CET 2010

Selon Kazuo Teramoto <kaz.rag at gmail.com>:

> On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 2:08 PM, Taco Hoekwater <taco at boekplan.nl> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Lately, I have been so busy doing other (not unimportant) stuff that I
> > never seemed to be able to find the time to fix any of the reported
> > luatex bugs, and I am sorry about that. I realize that some quite annoying
> > bugs have been reported way back (even before the summer) and
> > still have not been looked at at all.
> >
> > The good news is that it looks like my schedule is opening up now,
> > so I should be able to spend a few days next week fixing luatex
> > bugs, and hopefully there will be a 0.65 in two weeks.
> >

> Take your time! You and the luatex team are doing (and already did) a
> great job. I'm very thankful for this, and I'm sure that I speak for
> whole TeX community in this matter.

At least you speak for me. All the more as most (if not all) of the bugs I've
reported have been fixed quite quickly (not to mention many questions answered).
I can imagine that working on a job as awaited as LuaTeX might be stressful, and
perhaps you sometimes hallucinate the sound of eager users rasping at your front
door, or wake up at night screaming "That node list isn't right!", but I
honestly think nobody's blaming you for anything, Taco, quite the contrary.

Best,
Paul