[luatex] bus error on .ttc fonts

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Sun May 16 19:33:00 CEST 2010

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

>> In the meantime can we handle these broken files with an error message
>> instead of crashing?
>
> Ehm, no. Unless you count discovering that we are running under Snow
> Leopard?

What I meant to say is: all of the Snow Leopard .ttc files are behaving
differently in luatex, it seems. Some crash, others produce wrong glyphs
after subsetting. The problem lies in the backend code (the fontloader
frontend has no problems with them) but with lack of documentation I
simply don't know what is wrong. I *could* add a bailing out error on
discovery of the actual Snow Leopard file names, but that is about as
bad as crashing.

What we need is someone who understands what exactly Apple has done that
the backend doesn't like.

Best wishes,
Taco