[luatex] For those interested in Quranic Font (Neirizi Font)

Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي
Sun May 9 01:55:23 CEST 2010

On Sat, 08 May 2010 02:46:56 -0600, Vafa Khalighi <vafakh84 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Apparently the Supreme Council of ICT of
> Iran<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supreme_Council_of_ICT_of_Iran>has
> released the OpenType Persian-Quranic "Neirizi" Font. You can download
> this font from
> here<http://www.scict.ir/Portal/File/ShowFile.aspx?ID=9592a957-0c83-4985-b5f0-2c68a5b0906e>
> .

This font is not ready for prime time at all, it's little more than a work
in progress. The bulk of the glyphs provide a nice foundation for what
_could_ become a nice font one day, but that day is not today ;-)

I would strongly advise against investing a lot of time with Neirizi and
luatex at
the moment.

Vafa, do you have a parent to that link? I'm wondering if this is perhaps
not an official release but that the link has somehow leaked.

Best wishes
Idris
International Journal of Shi`i Studies
Department of Philosophy