[luatex] [luaotfload & fontspec] trunk errors

Diederick C. Niehorster dcnieho at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 10:14:18 CEST 2010

Dear Khaled,

> You are missing luaextra package, http://github.com/mpg/luaextra, I
> forgot to mention it, sorry.

hmm, it seems the directory for this package
(C:\texlive\2009\texmf-dist\tex\luatex\luatextra) is not very clean.
It is mixed with something called luatextra (notice the t in 4th
position). At first I simply emptied the directory and replaced its
contents with what i got from github (and docstrip), but that didnt
work (luatex just didnt do anything anymore after loading some
packages, no message and no cpu activity). So i reinstalled the
luatextra package using tlmgr and then copied over all the files. Now
it works..

Cool, that did the trick! I was able to execute the mkluatexfontdb.lua
script now as you said (just run lua(la)tex on it, is that the right
way to do it?).

Then, it appears it did not create anything (but no error messages, it
just returned at about 75%, see below), maybe because there is no
directory 'luatex-cache' in my $TEXMFVAR. Instead of testing that, I
called the script again, asking it to dump its output in directory
'.'. Then I manually created the directory and copied the
otf-names.lua file in there. Now it works beautifully, my fonts are
found (lualatex ate up almost 960 MB during the run btw :P).

Next up, I'll be testing fontspec, I want to use my font for math as
well, at least for the roman and greek glyphs, not for the operators
and such. Lets see if i can get that to work! Those issues I will post
on the lualatex-dev list.

Best,
Dee