[luatex] Luatex 0.52.0 announcement
taco at elvenkind.com
Tue Mar 16 21:01:56 CET 2010
I have just uploaded the archives for a new luatex release, 0.52.0.
* Various small manual improvements.
* A better version of getluatexsvnversion.sh, from Tomek.
* node.copy_list() now allows the second (optional) argument to
* An import of the current state of the texlive repository
(kpathsea and build system).
* An attempt fix for bug #345 (math kerning is not perfect): when the
current math font is a new math font, check against \catcode <cur_c>
== 11 to suppress the italic correction, instead of looking at
the value of space(<cur_f>).
* There is a new <tfmtable> key: 'units_per_em' (defaults to 0).
This is part of a fix for bug #200 (Problem with CFF fonts having
em-size other than 1000): there is a special correction to the
embedded cff font itself and the font scale if the font to be output
is opentype or type1 in unicode encoding and the 'units_per_em
differs' from zero.
<tfmtable>.units_per_em has to be passed back to luatex from
the lua font loading code for this to work.
* A fix for bug #314 (problem with pk file).
* lua code can no longer change the internal preallocated glue_spec
nodes (as that resulted in weird spacing bugs). For this, glue_specs
now have a new field: 'writable'. If that field is false, a copy
has to be made of the glue_spec instead of doing an assignment
* Setting of \textdir inside the output routine could trash output
on following pages due to a lingering internal variable.
* \pdfthread crashed because the arguments were handled in reverse
The archives can be downloaded from supelec as usual:
You could also check out the sources via anonymous svn:
svn co http://foundry.supelec.fr/svn/luatex/tags/beta-0.52.0
Bugs and feature requests can be added to the issue tracker at
More information about the luatex