[luatex] LuaTeX and LuaLaTeX logos

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue Mar 9 19:59:08 CET 2010

Hi Khaled:

> P.S.2 I posted a more funny LuaTeX logo a while ago, it was a kind of
> joke actually, just in case some one came across it and thought I was
> seriously proposing it.

Actually we can make a nice definition using the RL typesetting ... as
not that many fonts have a proper aT kerning we can do the following:

\def\LuaTeX
   {\begingroup
    Lua%
    \setbox0\hbox{oT}%
    \setbox2\hbox{o\kern0ptT}%
    \ifdim\wd0=\wd2
      \setbox0\hbox dir TRT{To}%
      \setbox2\hbox{T\kern0pto}%
      \hskip\dimexpr\wd0-\wd2\relax
    \fi
    \TeX
    \endgroup}

Of course this ignores the fact that the a is not symmetrical which is
why we use the o instead  but it looks impressive (as the T normally is
symmetrical we don't really need the need the dir).

Maybe I should write an article about it (as i've seen quite some
articles / talks about how complex it is to do tex related logos) ...