[luatex] memory usage

Patrick Gundlach patrick at gundla.ch
Wed Jun 30 09:50:45 CEST 2010

>> does that mean I forgot to clear the 2 hlists, 4 vlists, 4 glues etc.?
>
> Essentially, yes. But note:
>
> 1. There is some nesting. For example, the attributes are always inside
> attribute lists and attribute lists are usually attached to other nodes,
> and [hv]lists are likely to contain various other nodes.

my usecase is

node.new(glyph_node)
node.set_attribute(....)
node.hpack(...)
node.ligaturing(..)
node.
node.vpack()
node.write(this node)

My naive view tells me that with node.write should clear/flush all these created nodes. Which ones do I have to kill manually? Background of my question is that my application uses several gig of ram and stalls my little notebook (nodebook?) I have several node.copy_list, these are obviously one source of increased memory usage.

Patrick