[luatex] lualatex crash

Pablo Rodríguez oinos at web.de
Mon Jun 21 18:13:09 CEST 2010

On 06/21/2010 10:57 AM, Khaled Hosny wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 08:33:17AM +0200, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>> Pablo Rodríguez wrote:
>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> after installing TL 2010 (as provided in Fedora 13 development), I
>>> got a crash compiling an extremely simple document with LuaLaTeX:
>>>
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> What am I missing here? (No log file, so gdb output bellow.)
>>
>> No idea. It doesn't crash nor report any error for me, but then:
>>
>> * I am on x86_64-linux
>> * I have installed the texlive 2010 pretest from TUG (updated this
>>    morning, luatex rev 3723).
>
> No crashes here either, x86 linux, texlive 2010 from tug.

Thanks, Taco and Kahled, for your replies.

The problem is not specific to LuaLaTeX, XeLaTeX crashes too (although
it needs a more complex file to crash).

(pdf)LaTeX doesn't seem to crash (to the extend I've checked it). Even a
two documents are compiled file with pdfLaTeX, but it crash XeLaTeX.

Pure TeX (XeTeX or LuaTeX) are Greek to me. ConTeXt is totally unknown
to me. It might be a LaTeX related thing and I even think that it might
be caused by the hyphenation patterns for Unicode-aware engines in LaTeX
(but I don't really have no idea and this is only a guess).

Thanks for your help,

Pablo