[luatex] OCP broken?

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Mon Jun 21 09:08:07 CEST 2010

Khaled Hosny wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 09:56:56AM +0200, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>> Khaled Hosny wrote:
>>> I know such Omega extensions are rarely tested, if at all, but any idea
>>> why the attached OCP is no longer working? It used to work while ago.
>> Any idea when it was still ok? I have to disect through past revisions,
>> I fear.
>
> Last time I checked was long ago, I'll try to see if I can find when it
> broke.

This has been broken since ages. I tried some older versions which did
actually run the otp but produced '987654321TLT ridtxet' because luatex
does not interpret commands in the return values from the otp buffer and
has not done that since a very,very long time (at least since 0.30).

The otp output buffer enters luatex at a different level than in Omega,
past the 'mouth'. This is a side-effect of the changes to the main
control loop that were made for the separation between glyphs and
characters (getting rid of the ligature building in the mouth).

I could attempt to go back to the state where it runs the otp, but to
be honest I don't see much point in it as it will not work properly
anyway. In fact this may be a good moment to do away with otps altogether.

Best wishes,
Taco