[luatex] hyphenating ancient Greek

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Sat Jun 12 20:16:48 CEST 2010

Patrick Gundlach <patrick at gundla.ch> wrote:

> ... to set lccode for every greek letter (as far as understand it, but someone else should confirm).
>
> Underfull \hbox (badness 10000) in paragraph at lines 29--29
> [][] \EU2/cmr/m/n/12 χα-λε-πὰ
>
> ... whishing that this could be done at the engine level....

what?  setting uc/lccode tables?  that would require a further primitive
to specify the language (and probably also writing scheme -- i'm not
enough of a linguist to know), since the meanings and relations of
glyphs differ in some languages.

type example:

in english, the uccode of i gives you I
in turkish, the uccode of i gives you \.I
       (and the lccode of I gives you \i)

robin