[luatex] on lualatex

Pablo Rodríguez oinos at web.de
Sun Jun 6 01:46:58 CEST 2010

On 06/05/2010 08:32 PM, Will Robertson wrote:
>> [...]
>>
>> How could I avoid the <-10000> in fonts that don't have optical sizes?
>
> `texdoc fntguide` tells all.
> In this case, just write <->.

Thanks. Will.

I didn't remember this (I have been using XeLaTeX for almost 4 years and
I forgot how to set fonts in LaTeX :-)).

>> This only works if I have a copy of the font in the directory where I
>> compile the LuaLaTeX document. Is there no way to specify the
>> directory where the font is located or isn't it possible to instruct
>> LuaLaTeX to find in an external directory (outside the texmf tree)?
>
> Using luatex-fonts.tex? I think the fonts have to be in a proper texmf
> location, but perhaps absolute paths work as well.

Not using luatex-fonts.tex, since I don't really know how it works.

Symbolic links seemed to do the job in order to find the fonts, but
besides from that I'm afraid that *nothing else works* properly (no
ligatures, no font switching, no proper hyphenation in German, ß in crm
family, no copying and searching text with accents or umlauts [áñö]...).

Even microtype contains undefined control sequences that render it
unusable with LuaTeX (I wonder how can this be used with pure LuaTeX).

I'm afraid I'll have to wait for the next TeXLive release.

Just in case I'm totally wrong or missing everything ;-), my sample is
at http://www.ousia.tk/basic-lualatex.tex (with
http://www.ousia.tk/basic-lualatex.pdf,
http://www.ousia.tk/basic-lualatex.log and http://www.ousia.tk/eu2lmr.fd).

Thanks for yoru help,