[luatex] on lualatex

Pablo Rodríguez oinos at web.de
Sat Jun 5 18:56:46 CEST 2010

On 06/05/2010 01:42 PM, Diederick C. Niehorster wrote:

>> I'm using TL2009 as packaged for Ubuntu 10.04 (it is not easy to replace
>> this). This means that I don't have access to fontspec version 2.
>>
>> I would like to start checking LuaLaTeX for micro-typographic features (my
>> texts contain no mathematical formulae). My questions are:
>>

> Do you mean Ubuntu is not easy to replace or TL2009 isn't? The luatex
> that comes with 2009 is horribly out of date, you might want to use
> TL2010 pretest which should come with an up-to-date luatex and also
> fontspec 2 as an added benefit.

Thanks for your reply. Diederick.

I meant that I don't really have the required time to mess with that,
since it takes some (at least downloading the whole distribution and
configuring it).

If I replace TL2009 with TL2010, I'll have a TeXLive version, which I
don't know whether is in α or β status, not advisable for everyday use.

> If it isn't possible to get TL2010, you could still selectively
> replace some binaries and packages in 2009. Gt the binary from
> http://www.luatex.org/download.html (I only know about the windows
> one, that one seems to be pretty bleeding edge). Don't forget to
> rebuild formats after replacing the binary. Fontspec and the needed
> luaotfload and luaextra, luatextra etc can be found on github, dont
> have the exact links ready but they are floating around here and on
> the lualagtex-dev list (where it would indeed be best to ask for
> further help, also if you want to follow these steps).

Thanks again, but too complicated.

I thought MikTeX Portable 2.8 would include Lua(La)TeX, but this is
planned for the next 2.9 release.

I'll have to wait for the next TeXLive 2010.

Many thanks for your advice,

Pablo