[luatex] Luatex 0.61.0 announcement

Paul Isambert zappathustra at free.fr
Thu Jul 29 09:52:20 CEST 2010

Selon Taco Hoekwater <taco at elvenkind.com>:
> > - Then: will there be in the future a more explicit descrition of the epdf
> > library, for those people who like to tweak pdf but are unable to find a
> > lepdflib.cc file, an unfortunate set of people of which I am a member?
>
> This will certainly happen.

Wondeful.

> > - The finish_pdffile callback isn't documented.
>
> Ok, will be added. It has no arguments or return values and runs just
> before the output pdf is closed, iirc. Hartmut, can you add this to
> the manual?

Judging from simple tests, it is called before the Catalog and Trailer (and
apparently font information too) are written to the pdf, which is nice to add
info that depends on variable in the document without manipulating the format's
ending command.

> > - And (but that's not new) I can't seem to find the number of
> > (count/dimen/streams...) registers allowed in LuaTeX. Wouldn't it be nice
> > have a page saying there are 6458954.5 count registers in LuaTeX, etc.?
>
>    All traditional \TEX\ and \ETEX\ registers can be 16~bit numbers as in
>    \ALEPH. The affected commands are:
>    [...]
>
> So there are 65536 counts/dimens etc.

Oh. Next time I'll try to understand before asking...

Best,
Paul