[luatex] On category code tables

Steve Hafner steve.b.hafner at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 21:39:47 CEST 2010

On Sat, Jul 10, 2010 at 11:59 AM, Joseph Wright
<joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk> wrote:
> At the same time, I don't see how I know which tables I can safely use. In a
> LaTeX2e situation other packages might have already set up tables for their
> own use. So to 'play nicely' I need to find out which tables are free before
> I do \savecatcodetable and potentially trash someone else's work?

I'm guessing that the idea is for the macro system to manage the
catcode tables; so for example LaTeX is responsible for providing a
safe environment. To that end you might have a look at sections 1.4
and 3.3 of

http://mirror.ctan.org/macros/luatex/generic/luatextra/luatextra-reference.pdf