[luatex] Changing catcodes in \directlua

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Tue Jul 6 17:17:00 CEST 2010

Hi,

On 07/06/2010 04:05 PM, Steve Hafner wrote:
>   \def\obeylualines
>     {\obeylines
>      \obeyspaces}

Should be fine. There is tiny difference in the line end
handling, but I doubt it matters any in practice.

> \long\def\dodostartluacode#1\stopluacode
>    {\expanded{\endgroup\noexpand\directlua{#1}}}

That is fine. Unless you have named the lua instance, you don't need
\zerocount (and if you did not understand that remark, you didn't).

> \def\startluacode{\dostartluacode}
> % this was
> %\unexpanded\def\startluacode{\dostartluacode}

The \unexpanded can be useful if you have \startluacode ... \stopluacode
inside expandable things like \write or \edef, otherwise irrelevant.

Best wishes,
Taco