[luatex] LuaTeX and LuaLaTeX logos

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Thu Feb 25 02:04:25 CET 2010

T T a écrit :
> On 24 February 2010 22:50, Khaled Hosny <khaledhosny at eglug.org> wrote:
>> Me too, but still I very fond of TeX logo, simply because it shows how
>> flexible TeX is; no other system that I know of (including DTP crap)
>> gives you enough control over glyph positioning to recreate TeX logo.
>
> You underestimate the power of M$ Word :-)
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.text/msg/c5cea451e98ea7ea

Nice one. (But with Ooffice it doesn't render quite exactly as the LaTeX logo.)

While we're at it, in the French version of Sedgewick's book on algorithms, the
preface (taken from the English edition) mentions the book was typeset with TeX
(which is false for the French version). They tried to do something with the TeX
logo, but it merely looks like T\textsubscript{E}X (in LaTeX2e+fixltx2e), with a
smaller E and no kerning. They really should have kept plain "TeX".

(Besides, the  book is poorly typeset in many aspects, I really regret I didn't
purchase the English version instead.)

Manuel.