[luatex] get the hyphenation patterns matching a word

Stephan Hennig mailing_list at arcor.de
Tue Feb 23 00:52:54 CET 2010

Hi,

is there any way to get the hyphenation patterns matching a word handed
on a silver platter by luatex?  Seeing callback hyphenate() and function
lang.hyphenate() as the only related API parts, I assume the answer is no.

Background: I'm doing some simple hyphenation patterns statistics
(matching patterns per word, matching words per pattern, etc.) to help
searching for errors in patterns.  I already have my own implementation
of the - traditional trie-based - hyphenation algorithm in Lua.  But I'd
like to know if I could take advantage of luatex's built-in hyphenation
machinery.

Regards,
Stephan Hennig