[luatex] pdfpages and lualatex?

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 13:38:01 CET 2010

On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 01:48, Martin Schröder wrote:
> 2010/12/16 stefano franchi wrote:
>> Actually tlcontrib (which I had missed) sounds great. But the available
>> luatex version
>> is revision 20014. SVN snapshot I just compiled is a paltry (rev 4037). Is
>> Taco updating Tlcontrib  from the future?
>
> luatex --credits
> This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.65.0-2010121523 (rev 4040)
> This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.65.0-2010121316
>
> Now which one is newer? :-)

I just wanted to add something.

The date behind the version is the date of compilation, not the date
of source, so the date itself offers very little information in this
case (apart from the information when the person compiling luated
created the binary).

For some reason the versions of LuaTeX compiled for ConTeXt minimals
and thus for tlcontrib don't contain the SVN revision number. The
reason is that I have set up the system before Taco introduced reading
of luatex version from SVN and when I sync the sources of LuaTeX, I
use "--exclude '.svn'".

If there are strong requests to leave the SVN revision number, I might
try to leave the .svn folders in the sources (is it enough to keep
just the topmost .svn?) On the other hand ... we only compile the beta
branches, so the SVN number is not really an issue (it uniquely
determins the version being used).

Mojca