[luatex] lualatex not setting filename as jobname when using \input in command line

Simon Peter Nicholls simon at mintsource.org
Wed Aug 11 17:22:08 CEST 2010

Is there a known issue where lualatex fails to set the jobname as the
filename when "\input" is specified on the command line?

I'm using Emacs with Auctex 11.86, and the generated LaTeX command
results in output going to "texput" files. Here's a test run with the
fontspec luatex test file
(http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/xetex/latex/fontspec/):

lualatex -interaction=nonstopmode "\input" fontspec-luatex.tex
This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.60.1-2010062416 (TeX Live 2010) (rev 3723)
Transcript written on texput.log.

When I process tex files using xetex or pdftex engines (or even luatex,
ignoring the control sequence errors), the jobname is set to the sole
input, and I get the fontspec-luatex.* files I expect. Running the
lualatex command without "\input" works too.

Thanks,
Si