[luatex] LuaTeX file almost 2.5x bigger

Paul Isambert zappathustra at free.fr
Sun Aug 8 16:18:04 CEST 2010

Selon Hartmut Henkel <hartmut_henkel at gmx.de>:

> On Sun, 8 Aug 2010, Paul Isambert wrote:
>
> > It'd be interesting to know what a PDF file produced with InDesign
> > (hence very probably hz) looks like.
>
> me too.
>
> > But is there a possibility to compress the file as little as possible
> > with InDesign, so we can read it?
>
> you can always use pdftk to uncompress, it doesn't change the page
> stream contents.

Well then, since I can't find a PDF document made with InDesign on the internet
(Adobe's technical docs are made with FrameMaker), or the ones I find don't
display much text, and generally it's ragged right (so probably no hz), etc.,
etc., I'm downloading the trial version of InDesign. My internet access is
pretty slow, so it takes some time, but I think I'll be able to make some
comparisons between TeX and InDesign output tonight or tomorrow. If anybody's
interested, I can send some files, or you can download InDesign too. Anyway I'll
post here if I find any fascinating difference.

Note that I've had to create an account at Adobe. I hope you'll appreciate the
sacrifice :)

Best,
Paul