[luatex] \predisplaydirection from etex in luatex has no effect

Vafa Khalighi vafakh84 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 11:40:46 CEST 2010

> >From your description, wouldn't it make more sense if there is a
> separate switch setting whether placing of \eqno and \leqno is
> interchanged? That is, one that does not follow \mathdir but is
> independent of it? A polyglossia- or babel-like package could then set
> this correctly for the language in question.
>
> Best,

Yes but consider two things

1- the spacing of \eqno and \leqno are different. You can usually save some
vertical space with \eqno but you can not with \leqno

2- We need to have some kind of primitive that actually interchanges \eqno
and \leqno (I think) and the rest can be done in bidi.

--
Best wishes,
Vafa Khalighi