[luatex] "any font" in kpsewhich?

Patrick Gundlach patrick at gundla.ch
Sat Apr 3 22:54:25 CEST 2010

Hello,

when I use kpsewhich for an opentype font, I get "correct" output:

$ kpsewhich texgyreheros-bold.otf
/opt/texlive2009/texmf-dist/fonts/opentype/public/tex-gyre/texgyreheros-bold.otf

Now doing this with luatex gives me no output:

\directlua{
 	texio.write_nl(kpse.find_file("texgyreheros-bold.otf") or "not found!")

}
\end

-> not found

Which is documented in the manual. I wonder now how I could state "any font file" in kpse.find_file, since I don't know what kind of font the user asks for (could be type1 or opentype font in my case).

Any hint for me?

Patrick