[luatex] tex.enableprimitives producing non-primitives?

Élie Roux elie.roux at telecom-bretagne.eu
Wed Sep 23 12:52:07 CEST 2009

2009/9/23 Heiko Oberdiek <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de>:

> Thus your real question is, that you want to know, whether the
> TeX engine does provide the primitive in question, even if the
> control sequence is redefined?

I think there is quite a misunderstanding...

I reformulate my thought: in the following example:

\catcode`\{=1
\catcode`\}=2
\ifx\directlua\undefined
\else
 \directlua{tex.enableprimitives('',{'pdfprimitive'})}
 \directlua{tex.enableprimitives('',{'attribute'})}
 \directlua{tex.enableprimitives('testprefix',{'attribute'})}
\fi

\testprefixattribute 3 = 4

\pdfprimitive\attribute 4=5

\pdfprimitive\testprefixattribute 3 = 4

\end

to be compiled with luatex -ini:

we see that I enable the primitive attribute with no prefix, thus
\pdfprimitive\attribute works, until here all is ok. But I also enable
the primitive attribute with the prefix testprefix, so I expect the
same behaviour: \pdfprimitive\testprefixattribute should be working,
but it's not... So the question is: why? Is it normal that primitives
enabled with no prefix are considered by \pdfprimitive as primitives,
and not the ones enabled with no prefix? I tested also removing the
enabling of the attribute primitive with no prefix, it's the same, so
it does not come from enabling it twice, it comes from enabling it
with a prefix.

Thank you,
--
Elie