[luatex] tex.enableprimitives producing non-primitives?

Élie Roux elie.roux at telecom-bretagne.eu
Wed Sep 23 11:30:40 CEST 2009

2009/9/23 Heiko Oberdiek <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de>:

>> it says "Missing primitive name on l7". Is it normal ?
>
> Afaik yes.

Ok, so it should not be a primitive...

>> This behaviour
>> looks strange to me, as testprefixattribute should be a primitive...
>
> Yes, but that doesn't matter.

Hmmm now you say that it should be one... I don't really understand...

> it needs the original primitive name.
> The purpose is, to get the primitive meaning, even if the command
> is redefined later as macro or whatever, e.g. after
>
>  \let\attribute\hbox
>  \pdfprimitive\attribute
>
> you get the original meaning of \attribute, not a \hbox.

I know, but in TeXLive 2009, attribute does not exist for LaTeX (like
other luatex-specific promitives), so you cannot say
\pdfprimitive\attribute. What I wanted is to do the same with
luatexattribute, which is the only "primitive" (I still don't know if
it's one or not) available in TeXLive 2009 for LaTeX... It's not a
really big issue as it seems strangefor people to do such a thing as
\let\luatexattribute\hbox, but I report it in case it's a bug.

Thank you,
--
Elie