[luatex] Setting language inside nodelist

Patrick Gundlach patrick at gundla.ch
Sun Sep 20 21:54:41 CEST 2009

Hello again...

I try to set the language inside a nodelist. Let's say I have done
something like

l=lang.new()
l:patterns([==[
... for example german hyphenation patterns ..
]==])
l:id()  -- returns 1

Now \language1 switches to the german hyphenation patterns.

But when I go thru the nodelist with the pre_linebreak_filter, it is
not enough to set the lang fields in the glyph nodes to 1. I have to
explicitly say \language1 in my TeX text. Why is this? There are no
other nodes where I can set the lang field.

How do I switch to another language completely inside the
pre_linebreak_filter?

Patrick