[luatex] [Dev-luatex] Luatex 0.44.0 announcement

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Thu Oct 29 15:52:59 CET 2009

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 12:06:09PM +0100, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> * Math delimiters and large operators in new MATH fonts no
>   longer apply the italic correction (this fixes placements
>   of super- and subscripts on such items for those fonts).

This doesn't sound the correct way to me. The described algorithm in
MATH specification is to set subscripts immediately after the base
(without italic correction) and shift superscripts horizontally by the
amount of italic correction, then apply math kerning if present, this
way fonts with no math kerning will still give acceptable output and
need for math kerning will be minimized.

Regards,
 Khaled

--
 Khaled Hosny