[luatex] Luatex 0.45.0 announcement
taco at elvenkind.com
Wed Nov 18 16:15:10 CET 2009
I have just uploaded the archives for a new luatex release, 0.45.0.
* Loading big OTF fonts via lua is now much faster than before,
at the expense of a bit of precision loss in the calculated
* Two new token lists are provided: \pdfxformresources and
\pdfxformattr, as an alternative to \pdfxform keywords.
* \input and \openin now accept braced filenames.
* The \endlinechar can now be set to any value between 0 and 127.
* Luatex can now optionally use kpathsea to find lua require()
* The new primitives \aligntab and \alignmark are aliases for
the use of & and # in alignments.
* \pdfrefximage [width <dimen>] [height <dimen>] [depth <dimen>] <imageref>
overrules settings from \pdfximage for this \pdfrefximage call only
* The print precision for small numbers in lua code (tostring)
has been improved.
* Akira Kakuto suppled a patch that restricts writing to files
with names such as latex.bat etc. (on windows only)
* (un-feature): from now on luatex now only handles 4 direction
specifiers: TLT (latin), TRT (arabic), RTT (cjk), and LTL
(mongolian). The other directions now generate an error.
* (un-feature): xpdf's automatic lower- and uppercasing retry attempts
for nonfound image pdf files has been removed.
* The callbacks hpack_filter, vpack_filter and pre_output_filter
pass on an extra string argument for the direction, when known
(nil == use default).
* The lua functions node.hpack(), node.vpack() and node.dimensions()
now accept an optional direction argument (not given == use default).
* \pdfrefxform [width <dimen>] [height <dimen>] [depth <dimen>] <formref>
scales a form object; similar principle as with \pdfximage: depth alone
doesn't scale, it shifts vertically.
* A change to the relative ordering inside font name discovery for use
by the backend: now it tries <f>.psname first, as that is much less
likely to contain spaces.
* For ttc fonts, now the used subfont name and its index id are printed
to the terminal, and if the backend cannot find a ttc subfont, the
run is aborted.
* Prevent crashes for lua-loaded fonts without a (tfm) name.
* Remove spurious newlines in the output pdf that could be the
result of using \pdfximage for an included pdf figure too early.
* Full font embedding for wide otf and ttf fonts now really
works (older versions only pretended that it did work).
* node.dimensions() sometimes continued past the 'stop' node.
* Images inside virtual fonts were broken.
* The processing of \language=-1 was wrong, resulting in
hyphenation attempts even though there was no proper language
* Fix for finding files in --output-directory.
* Fix for handling of --file-line-error.
* tex.box assignments are now checked to make sure the assigned
node has the right id (hlist or vlist).
* show_node_list (as in \showbox) produced spurious local_par
whatsit prints in the output after direction nodes.
* The handling of pdf literals has been sped up.
The archives can be downloaded from supelec as usual:
You could also check out the sources via anonymous svn:
svn co http://foundry.supelec.fr/svn/luatex/tags/beta-0.45.0
Bugs and feature requests can be added to the issue tracker at
More information about the luatex