[luatex] BOM

Ulrike Fischer luatex at nililand.de
Fri May 15 13:45:32 CEST 2009

Am Fri, 15 May 2009 11:50:59 +0200 schrieb Arthur Reutenauer:

>> \catcode`\{=1
>> \catcode`\}=2
>> \directlua{ tex.enableprimitives('',tex.extraprimitives()) }
>> \catcode`\{=12
>> \catcode`\}=12
>> \input pdftexconfig.tex
>> \input latex.ltx
>> \dump
>   With this exact .ini file, and LuaTeX #2290 that identifies itself as
> snapshot-0.39.0, I get the usual error on a file that starts with BOM
> (Missing \begin{document}).  Are you *sure* your file contains a BOM?  ;-)

If not winedt is lying ;-)

In winedt (which handles utf8 only partly) I can add to the format
of the document properties "include BOM". pdflatex chokes if I do
it, but works fine if I remove the option. 

The error message of pdflatex is:

! LaTeX Error: Missing \begin{document}.

See the LaTeX manual or LaTeX Companion for explanation.
Type  H <return>  for immediate help.
l.1 ï
Missing character: There is no ï in font nullfont!
Missing character: There is no » in font nullfont!
Missing character: There is no ¿ in font nullfont!

And I doublechecked that I really use the format generated by the
ini I mentioned and that I don't use a batch-file which does
something special. 

And I checked with the file Taco sent: no problem. But when I try it
with pdflatex I get the same message than with my original file. 

Ulrike Fischer 

More information about the luatex mailing list