[luatex] a bidi package for LaTeX in LuaTeX

وفا خلیقی vafakh9 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 22:43:01 CEST 2009

Keep in mind that Arabic and Farsi have different rules as well -- not to
> mention Urdu --, so the dominant-language aspect is important. In any case,
> configurability is key...

I think with our discussion so far, the best thing is designing options, so
we take care of footnotes in additions to other different rules in different
languages.

for footnotes:

in Persian the rule I talked about needs to be implemented.

There is one more idea and I do not know if it is any good in RTL. We could
have a very simple design and that is the footnote rule's widths is the same
as textwidth and if my memory is correct, that is what Donald Knuth used in
his TeXBook.