[luatex] Luatex primitive names

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Wed Mar 11 13:13:27 CET 2009

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard wrote:

> Of course not. I just took the first well-known example of an *old* TeX system
> still widely used today. The point is that today a lot years-old TeX systems are
> still around, so I can't see any reason why some TL'08 will not be around in
> 2013 in some server in some university.

maybe best compare it with the tex prototypes before tex was officially
launched, in that sense luatex has some way to go

anyway, if they depend on tl 2008 then they can just use that tex tree;
as soon as they update macros to 2009 they also update the engines; it
is no problem to run old and new trees alongside; if a sysadm is willing
to update the macro then updating the engines can be mandate